Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Dreams and Insomnia in Sunnyvale

We have a little more than 3 weeks to go and this journey we are about to take is really starting to feel like a dream and someone's going to wake me up any minute now!

The past few weeks, I've connected with new souls and ones that I don't have regular contact with and haven't talk to in quite a while. Every time I talk about what we're doing, it just seems so unreal! It's just unbelievable that this plan has developed to this point. I am more and more grateful for what life has given me, with each and every connection I make, the closer we get to leaving. When entering into a world where you essentially won't know anyone for 10 months, it means so much to make one last connection with loved ones before going. We are so grateful for the people we know and will surely miss them. 10 months seems like forever when you think about it in that perspective.

In the mean time, every time I think of something to do, I have to get it done right then. So, I've been running around like a mad woman. I'm afraid that it'll still be there with yet another billion things to do at the last minute. We almost have a tenant for our house. So, the faster I can get that secured, the more relieved I'll feel. I've also been piling up stuff to take in this new duffel bag that we got, to take the wet suits and "a few other things". It's totally stuffed, and the wet suits aren't even in it yet. Eek! The POD (storage container) is on the driveway. We thought it would be full by now. Every time I start packing something in a box, I have second thoughts because I'll still need it. (See a pattern?) I've changed my mind about selling the Audi for the hundredth time.... I so love that car! (Though I keep telling myself that it's "just" a material posession...)

I haven't been able to sleep at night, thinking about it all. Meanwhile, my brain's fuzzy during the day when I should be getting stuff done. Oh well! I guess I'm "training" for all that jetlag and time changes that are about to come...

No comments: